Medical Records Department
The main reception desk is located at the main entrance. The patient who wishes to avail of the various services in Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital has to get registered. This is a one-time event which gives you a permanent Hospital number. Registration and billing counters are present on the Ground floor near the OPDs.
Patient Billing Counter is located on the Ground floor, Opposite to the main Reception. The office accepts payment for hospital services in the form of cash only. The office is open Monday–Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
If the Patient is in Pay Category, you will receive a hospital bill that covers all services you received during your stay at the time of discharge in Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital.
Patients are admitted to the concerned ward on the advice of the treating doctor. The ward is designated by the inquiry staff at the admission desk and entered in the case sheet. The hospital is committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible. Kindly decide your choice of room and inform the Admission Department.
When patients are discharged from the respective wards the discharge paper is prepared in the ward and handed over to the patient. Discharge requests are processed round the clock.
In paying cases the discharge is handed over to the party of the patient at Hospital accounts after hospital dues are settled.
The Medical Record Department’s prime objective is the provision of patient Medical Records in a timely manner to the OPDs & wards in order to assist clinicians, allied health professionals and other hospital staff in the provision of quality care to patients.
The department also provides numerous functions and services:
- Creation, storage and maintenance of patient’s medical record
- Reporting of statistical data to the Department of Health and Hospital Executives
- Intimation of Birth and Death
- Provision of reports and records for research
- Medico-legal requests
- Monitoring the quality of medical record content
- Maintaining a patient’s right to confidentiality and privacy by adhering to information release guidelines and ensuring records are kept in a secure environment.
- Clinical coding – ICD-10
- Forms design
- Management of policies on patient registration, records management and archiving, and medical record documentation
- Claim Processing
Reception/Enquiries 0413-2643131/0413-264300, Extn: 1527
Medical Records is located in the Hospital block, Basement B Wing, Room. No: 7
Electronic Data Processing (EDP)
EDP Department in Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital is functioning with the objective of managing all IT related functions mainly Hospital Information Systems and Computer network of the hospital. The EDP at present is managing full functional hospital information software.
The hospital information systems are comprehensive, integrated information system designed to manage the medical, administrative, financial and legal aspects of a hospital and its service processing.
The EDP department at present is managing full functional hospital information software with various integrated modules like,
The EDP department ensures high uptime of the systems and for handing all database backups and restoration activities. Our engineers are also maintaining the hardware and network systems in the hospital & college. They undertake all trouble shooting activities and keep the system online and patient data available for our doctors and nurses. Our Training team personnel educates the end user and conducts the orientation programs periodically for our staff and students.
The EDP department has a highly sophisticated system consists of
IBM X3200, IBM X3400M3, IMB S Blade Chassis.
Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2008 Server and Windows 2012 Server.
HP, Dell, Lenovo Systems.
Windows XP Professional, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
VMware ESxi 6.5
VMware V center 6.5
SQL server 2000, SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2012
Cisco Catalyst 2811
Cisco Catalyst 1921
Cisco Catalyst C3560
Cisco Catalyst C2960
SonicWall Firewall 5600
In Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital the EDP Department provides high speed internet leased line connection of 500 Mbps for our staff and students. They can access J-Gate online journals, online e-books and other resources available at our Digital Library. The Digital lab is also supported by the National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (N-LIST). This lab is monitored round the clock by the sonic wall security system.
The Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital have Wi-Fi coverage across the campus for our staff and Students. The Meraki Wi-Fi will be broadcast on campus and visible in the Hospital, College, Quarters and Hostel campus SSID, and both will be carried by the campus 30mbps high-speed data network.
Centralized Telephone Exchange caters to Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College & Hospital. 1000 line EPABX capacity telephone exchange installed in the department. The exchange functions round the clock.
200 Direct lines have been provided so far to the eligible officers.
Monitoring the CCTV Cameras.
Basement Floor, adjacent to EDP department.
The CSSD is to provide an efficient, economic, continuous and quality supply of sterilized material to various areas of the hospital to deliver quality and infection free patient care.
To provide all the departments with an adequate supply of reliable sterilized material for immediate and emergency use. The sterilization process is conducted under controlled conditions at minimum cost to reduce the incidence of hospital associated infections.
Our Biomedical department combines the expertise of engineering with medical needs for the progress of health care. It is more concerned with biological safety & regulatory issues than any other forms of engineering.
The following are the objectives of the Biomedical Engineering department at Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College and Hospital:
The department provides all the units of the hospital with linens for the patients, which include (bed sheets, gowns, towels etc). It also provides white coats, operation uniforms and technicians’ uniforms with a high level of quality and neatness.
The hospital is equipped with a full-fledged state of the art laundry with washers, extractors and driers which ensures the supply of hygiene, quality linen to the patient.
The laundry department is divided into four sections which are; receiving bay, washing area, finishing area and storage.
Vision of The Department
To give uninterruptible quality power supply with normal voltage and lowest electricity bill consumption.
The main activities of electrical department
- The prime function of the electrical department is to give the required power to the equipments and other medical electrical in the user departments.
- We are maintaining, total load of 1200 KVA maximum demand with OLTC transformer 800 KVA-1no, OLTC transformer 500 KVA-1no, generator 725 KVA-1no, generator 500 KVA-1no and other connected VCB, Switch gear like HT and LT circuit breakers, stabilizer, ACB, MCCB and higher range UPS.
- Maintenance of HT and LT control panels, automatic main failure panels, OLTC and RTCC panels are another important area of departmental activities.
- Routine maintenance for all the light fittings, fans, geysers, switch boxes, MCB boards, sub-panel boards etc. are looked after by the electrical department.
- Rewinding of various capacities of motors and fan repairs of hot plates, sterilizer, preventive maintenance of transformer, high voltage equipments, generators, switchboards, UPS also maintaining by electrical department.
- We are having lifts-11nos in our campus and without any interruption, we are operating the lift in safety precaution, also we are qualified lift operators of 6nos.
- We are also looking after the minor/major project like modification, rewiring interior lighting, clarification of drawing estimates, preparing and electrical new project measurement, bills checking etc.
- Our motivation is zero percent uninterrupted power supply, 24 hrs proper electrical equipment maintenance through qualified, experienced , 2nos of electrical supervisor and 15nos of electricians and our achievement is to reduce the cost of the electricity consumption bill by using all lights are LED’s and switching off all unwanted electrical equipments by separate electrical staff.
We have a fire hydrant system (pipe lines which are kept under pressure always) is installed in multistoried buildings in the hospital. There are smoke detectors installed in multistoried buildings to indicate the fire is breaking out. Daily periodic maintenance, that checking of 3” valves, pump motor and water hose are done properly by through qualified fire staff.
The Transport department is running under the Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College &Hospital Hospital, Puducherry. This department is situated Administrative office in first Floor.
The Transport In charge supervises the driver duties and vehicles.
The Transport department provides ambulance service at very low cost to poor & needy patients.
Ambulances: The critical care ambulance service can be mobilized in short notice. The ambulance is equipped with oxygen supply, transport ventilator.
The actual work of this department is repaired, fabrication of different requirements & maintenance of the furniture & tools being used for the patient’s care.
The Workshop located away from the hospital block and near to power laundry
Housekeeping services in SMVMCH aimed to maintain a healthy, clean, orderly, safe and pleasant environment by making the maximum use of the facilities of hospitals. The Housekeeping Department in hospitals helps in preventing and minimizing of the effect of the microorganisms in the environment by trained staff along with regular controls of cleanliness and applying the programs declared by the Infection Control Committee.
The main functions of housekeeping is overall cleanliness, ensuring maintenance of the building and its infrastructure, waste management, pest control, infection control, safety and security of the patients.
Housekeeping services that include round-the-clock supervision by a team of trained personnel. In addition, regular rounds by the housekeeping& maintenance services team ensure that any inmate needs can be catered to immediately.