National Board of Examination (NBE) has released the examination schedule for the MCQ based examination to be conducted in December 2018/ January 2019. NBE is responsible for conducting exams like National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Post Graduate (NEET-PG), NEET MDS, Foreign Medical Graduate Examination FMGE, and DNB Post Diploma CET (DNB-PDCET).
The NEET MDS 2019 exam will be conducted on December 14, 2018. Foreign Medical Graduate Examination FMGE 2019, and DNB Post Diploma CET (DNB-PDCET) 2019 will also be conducted on December 14, 2018. NEET PG 2019 will be conducted on January 6, 2019.
NEET-PG 2019 and NEET-MDS 2019 will be conducted on a single day in a single session.
Information Bulletin for the respective examinations containing eligibility criteria, fee schedule and other relevant details will be released by NBE in October 2018 at NBE website www.nbe.edu.in
These exams will be MCQ-based and will be conducted in Computer-based mode. The application process for these exams will also be conducted online. The application process is likely to begin in October.
- NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section(10) of Indian Medical Council Act,1956.
- NEET-PG is a single window entrance examination for PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses as per the Indian Medical Council Act,1956w.e.f.2017 admission session.
2. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NEET-PG 2019
2.1 (A) Candidates in possession of MBBS degree or Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956 and possess permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the internship on or before 31st March 2018, may applyforNEET-PG2018 through online application system at website: www.nbe.edu.in
(B) ELIGIBILITY CRITIERIA FOR FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADUATES TO APPLY NEET PG 2019
Indian citizens or overseas citizens of India who have obtained their Primary Medical Qualifications from Medical Colleges outside India should have qualified the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (Screening Test) which is conducted by National Board of Examinations. Further, they should have been registered with MCI/SMC and should have completed their internship or likely to complete their internship on or before31.03.2019.
Foreign Medical Graduates are required to bring their FMGE Pass certificate issued by NBE on their testing day.
(C) ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOREIGN NATIONALS IN NEET-PG 2019.
It is not mandatory for foreign nationals to have temporary registration with MCI at the time of writing NEET-PG. Foreign Nationals can write NEET-PG without MCI registration. The Medical Council of India may, on payment of the prescribed fee for registration, grant temporary registration for the duration of the Post Graduate course limited to the medical college/institution to which he/she is admitted for the time being exclusively for pursuing postgraduate studies. Provided further that temporary registration to such foreign national shall be subject to the condition that such person is duly registered with appropriate registering authority in his own country where from he has obtained his Basic Medical qualification, and is duly recognized by the corresponding Medical Council or concerned authority.”
2.2 Candidates found to be ineligible at any stage of NEET-PG 2019 will not be permitted to appear in the examination and/or counseling. In an unlikely event of any ineligible candidate appearing and/or being successful in the NEET-PG 2019, the results/ candidature of such candidate shall be cancelled and/or are deemed to be cancelled.
2.3 Requests for appearing in NEET-PG 2019 from candidates completing internship after 31st March 2019 or having qualifications that are not recognized as per IMC Act shall be summarily rejected. Candidates are further advised not to canvass for the same.
The cutoff date for completion of internship towards determination of eligibility
for appearing in NEET-PG 2019 shall be 31.03.2019
2.4 Registration with M.C.I./State Medical Council is necessary for NEET PG 2019 and its documentary proof should be furnished by the candidates on the day of examination and at the time of counseling/admission.
2.5 A candidate can submit his/her online application form and appear for NEET-PG 2019 only once for admission to the academic year 2019-2020. Candidates submitting multiple application form will not be allowed to appear in NEET-PG.
SUBJECT-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF QUESTIONS FOR NEET-PG 2019
|SL. NO||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHT AGE OF QUESTIONS|
|8||SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE||25|
|9||MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY||37|
|10||SURGERY, ENT, ORTHOPEDICS & ANAESTHESIA||46|
|11||RADIODIAGNOSIS & RADIOTHERAPY||12|
|12||OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||25|
- The syllabus of the above topics shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer www.mciindia.org.
- The weight age of MCQs in each specialty is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its rights to alter/modify/amend the same in consultation with MCI/ DGHS / MoHFW.
AVAILABILITY OF MD/MS/PG DIPLOMA SEATS FOR 2019 SESSION
- Candidates may visit website of Medical Counseling Committee www.mcc.nic.in for details of seats available and schedule of counseling for All India 50% quota seats.
- Medical institutions that are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET-PG 2019 are: (i) AIIMS, NewDelhi (ii) PGIMER, Chandigarh (iii) JIPMER, Puducherry (iv) NIMHANS, Bengaluru (v) Sree ChitraTirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum