MBBS Admission 2019 – 150 Seats
Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery [MBBS]
Course Duration: 4 1/2 years + 1 year internship
MBBS Admission 2019
The admission to MBBS course offered in all medical and dental colleges of Pondicherry to be done on the basis of NEET UG 2019 score. The Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC) will carry out the admission procedure to allocate seats into the medical and dental institutes of the Pondicherry. For detailed information on the schedule, eligibility criteria, CENTAC application procedure, counselling and reservation policies of the CENTAC MBBS Admission 2019 visit www.centaconline.in
CENTAC MBBS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for the CENTAC MBBS Admission 2019 need to fulfill the conditions given below.
- The applicant must be an Indian national. However, Non Resident Indian (NRI) / Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) / Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are also eligible for MBBS admission subject to rules and regulations framed by Government of India.
- The candidate should be at least 17 years old at the time of the admission. There is no upper age limit.
- The candidate should have passed the 10+2 from the Board of Higher Secondary Examination of Tamil Nadu or any other equivalent exam.
- The applicant must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in 10+2.
- The MBBS applicant must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate English, Biology, Physics and Chemistry in 10+2. In case of OBC/MBC/SC/ST category, it is 40%.
- The candidate must have qualified NEET UG 2019.
CENTAC MBBS 2019 Application Procedure
The application form of the CENTAC MBBS 2019 Admission will be available online in www.centaconline.in. Below are the steps to be followed to register for CENTAC MBBS 2019 Admission.
- The MBBS applicant will need to provide the personal, academic, personal information in the CENTAC application, and also it is mandatory to provide the mobile number.
- The CENTAC applicant will need to upload their scanned images of the coloured photograph in the application form.
- The image of the photograph should be between 20 to 25 KB in JPG format only.
- Incomplete or defective CENTAC application form will be rejected and will not be considered.
CENTAC MBBS 2019 Selection Procedure
- CENTAC will prepare the merit list based on NEET UG 2019 Score/Rank.
- Based on the merit position and options exercised by the candidate the seat will be allotted.
CENTAC MBBS 2019 Counselling
The MBBS 2019 counselling will be held in the offline mode at Office of the CENTAC, Pondicherry Engineering College (PEC), Pillaichavady, Puducherry – 605 014. Below are the steps to be followed in the counselling procedure.
- The public notification in the local newspaper/CENTAC website regarding the counselling will be made.
- One legal guardian/parent have to be compulsorily present with the candidate at the time of the CENTAC counselling.
- At the time of the CENTAC counselling, the document verification of the candidates will be done first. All the candidates will have to be present along with all the original certificates.
- The candidate will have to pay the CENTAC counselling fee.
- The CENTAC application fee can be paid via online mode only i.e Credit/Debit Card/NEFT
- If the candidate will not be present at the specified date and time for the CENTAC counselling, the claim for seat will be cancelled. However, if due to any unforseen circumstances the candidate is unable to attend the CENTAC counselling, they may inform the CENTAC committee timely and can attend the counselling.
- The candidates who fail to join the college as per the seats allotted in the first round of the CENTAC counselling will not be considered for the second round of the counselling.
- The admission into the All India Quota seats too will be based NEET UG 2019 score/rank.
CENTAC MBBS Admission 2019 Important dates (tentative)
|1||CENTAC Application Form will be available from||June 2019|
|2||Deadline for the submission of Application Form||July 2019|
|3||Last date to submit the hard copy of the application at the CENTAC office either by post/courier||July 2019|
|4||CENTAC Merit list will be published on||July 2019|
|5||CENTAC Counselling will commence from||July 2019|
About the course
The duration of the course is four Years and six Months, followed by Compulsory Rotatory Internship of one year.
First year M.B.B.S., Course: (12 months)
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry and Community Medicine. Students should pass all the First M.B.,B.S., Examination subjects before entering the Second year.
Second year M.B.B.S., Course (18 months)
Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, General Medicine, Paediatrics and General Surgery.
Final year M.B.B.S., Course : (24 months)
General Medicine, Paediatrics, Tuberculosis and Chest Medicine, Psychiatry, Dermatology , Venereology and Leprosy, Community Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopaedics, Ear, Nose and Throat, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Anaesthesiology and Radiology.
Compulsory Rotatory Internship (12 Months)
Every candidate, on passing the Final M.B.,B.S., examination, shall undergo twelve months of Compulsory Resident Rotatory Internship training, before he / she qualifies for full registration by the Tamil Nadu State Medical Council.
A candidate will be allowed to appear for University examinations only if he / she obtain a minimum of 50% of marks in each subject in the internal assessment.
Regular and punctual attendance of lectures, tutorials, demonstrations, practical, clinics and class examinations is compulsory. Students who do not possess 80% of attendance and those whose progress and conduct are not considered satisfactory, as per university rules, will not be allowed to appear for the University examination.