The department of Neurology in SMVMCH is well equipped with doctor’s team (A full time qualified Neurologist and a Junior Resident doctor) and supported with Neurophysiological testing and other ancillary laboratory services and imaging services backup
|Dr. Ashish Anand Susvirkar||Assistant Professor|
Outpatient dept. (OPD) Services:
Timings : Monday to Friday : 8.30 a.m. to 3.45 p.m.
Saturday : 8.30 a.m. to 1.00 pm
Neurophysiology lab services:
- Electro-encephalography (EEG)
- Electro-Neuro-Myography (ENMG)
Nerve conduction study (NCS) & electromyography (EMG)
- Evoked potential studies
Cross referrals: from various departments for opinion and consultation
- The different categories of neurological conditions like Headache, Epilepsy, Stroke, Neuropathies, and Movement disorders, Infectious diseases, Metabolic diseases, Neuro-degenerative etc. are looked after.
- The department of Neurology gets wide amount of referrals from various departments within hospital like-General Medicine, Casualty ward, Pediatrics, ICU, ICCU, RICU, PICU, Orthopedics, OBGY, Ophthalmology as OPD or Bedside ward visit consultations.
- General Medicine PG students’ case discussion, Seminars.
- Lectures for MBBS UG students.
- Demonstration of neurological signs to MBBS UG students in OPD.
“Young Investigator” International award at 10th World Stroke Congress, 2016.
Organized & conducted
|S.No.||Date||Nature of the Program||Programme|
|1||12.02.2018||Day celebration||“International Epilepsy day”|
|2||12.02.2018||Epilepsy quiz||Epilepsy Day|
|3||15.02.2018||Guest lecture||Epilepsy management|
The Educational events: The celebration of an “International Epilepsy day”
On the occasion of the “International Epilepsy day” (on 12.02.2018 this year), Department of Neurology, SMVMCH organized and conducted two events, “Epilepsy quiz” & the “Guest lecture”with the great encouragement & the support of management team & the administration team.
The ‘Epilepsy quiz’ (intra-collegiate) had two rounds – the prelim was conducted on 12.02.2018 with registration of 68 participants from the pre-final MBBS, 18 students from the final year and interns’ batch, & 22 participants from PG students comprising Medicine, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry, the total number of students crossing over hundred. The separate finals for UGs & PGs were conducted on 16.02.2018 and the top two teams were chosen as winners from UG & PG groups respectively. The response was great in the finals and the audience also got an opportunity to win prizes by answering difficult questions. The winners’ prizes were given by the Hon’ble Chairman in the presence of the Secretary, Director, Deputy Director.
The ‘Guest Lecture’ session was held on 15.02.2018, forenoon and it was delivered by Epileptologist Dr. Pradeep Nair. He is an additional professor & head of the dept, at JIPMER Neurology, Puducherry. The session consisted of the lecture on interesting topic of ‘When to start & stop anti-epileptic drugs’ and he also answered the queries of the audience post- lecture. The response was overwhelming.
The department of Neurology would like to greatly acknowledge the help and support of the management team, the administration team, Dept of Medicine & other departments, support staff, & the student council volunteers. All of these contributed in accomplishing this event with a great success.