NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG)
As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMERPuducherry.
Following is stated in the regulations:-
- There shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely National Eligibility-cum-EntranceTest(NEET)for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in each academic year.
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum marks in “National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test”held for the said academic year besides obtaining minimum prescribed marks at the qualifying examination.
- The reservation of seats in Medical/Dental colleges for respective categories shall be as per applicable laws prevailing in States/Union Territories. An All India Merit List of the eligible candidates shall be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission in MBBS/BDS courses from the said lists only.
- No candidate who has failed to obtain the minimum eligibility marks as prescribed by the Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India shall be admitted to MBBS/BDS Courses in the said academic year.
- All admissions to MBBS/BDS courses within the respective categories shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (UG).
- The Central Board of Secondary Education shall be the organization to conduct National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
The Central Board of Secondary Education will conduct the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in the session 2018-19 on 6th May, 2018 (Sunday).
PATTERN OF NEET (UG)
- Pattern of the EntranceTest :-
The NEET UG Entrance Test shall consist of one paper in all languages containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) to be answered on the specially designed machine- gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by CBSE at examination centre only.
- The duration of test would be 03 hours.
- Candidates qualifying NEET – UG 2018 would be eligible for All India Quota and other quotas under the State Governments/Institutes, irrespective of the medium in which the examination is taken by a candidate, subject to other eligibility criteria.
CENTRES CITIES FOR ENTRANCE TEST
- List of cities where the NEET (UG) – 2018 will be conducted is given at Appendix -I.
- All the Candidates i.e. Indian, NRI, OCI, PIO and Foreigner should select three Convenient City Codes for the entrance test from AppendixII
- Candidates must ensure that they should select the centre in their state of residence or in neighbouring city only and not in far away cities in other states. In case, instructions are not complied with, CBSE may allot the centres different from the choice given or cancel thecandidature.
- In case, the number of candidates opting for a city as centre is less, Board reserves its discretion not to fix the centre in that City.
- In case, the number of candidates opting for a city as centre with regional language (other than English and Hindi) is less, candidates opting same regional language may be allotted centre in one city irrespective of the city opted by the candidates for appearing inNEET UG 2018
- Allotment of centre is made by Computer and there is no human intervention. Under no circumstances the choice of centre cities filled in the application form by the candidates and the allotted centre shall be changed by theBoard.
ELIGIBILITY TO APPEAR IN NEET (UG)
Eligibility for appearing in NEET (UG) is as stipulated in Indian Medical Council Act-1956/Regulations as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948/Regulations as amended in 2018. Eligibility as per related regulations is as follows:-
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course.
- The upper age limit for NEET(UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
The Age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG) – 2018 is as follows:
|For Candidates of Unreserved Category (UR)||born on or between 07.05.1993 and 01.01.2002|
|For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC/PH Category||born on or between 07.05.1988 and 01.01.2002|
- Indian Nationals, Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs) & Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET(UG)-2018.
IMPORTANT DATES AND FEE DETAILS:
|Schedule for on-line submission of application NEET UG – 2018||08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 09.03.2018 (Friday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)|
|Schedule for successful payment of online fee||08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 10.03.2018 (Saturday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)|
|Correction in Application Form||12.03.2018 (Monday) to 16.03.2018 (Friday)|
|Date of uploading of Admit Cards on website||2nd Week of April, 2018|
|Date of Examination, NEET (UG) – 2018||06.05.2018 (Sunday)|
|Display of OMR Sheet||Will be intimated on website|
|Display of Answer Key||Will be intimated on website|
|Declaration of Result||05.06.2018 (Tuesday)|
|FOR GENERAL/OBC||FOR SC/ST/PH|
|Rs.1400/- (INR)||Rs.750/- (INR)|
The CBSE will provide the facility of downloading Admit Cards of NEET (UG) on the Board‟s website. Candidates are required to download the admit cards from the website and follow the instructions given therein. Candidate may please note that admit cards will not be sent by post. When candidate will download the Admit Card, a copy of the same in pdf format will also be emailed to the candidate on the registered email id. The Admit Card will bear the candidate‟s Roll Number, Name, Father‟s Name, Category, Sub-Category, Photograph, Signature, Date of Birth, Language of Question Paper with Name and Address of examination centre allotted. The candidate should carefully examine the NEET UG 2018 Admit Card downloaded by him/her for all the entries madetherein.
REQUIREMENT OF AADHAR
Aadhaar was introduced in the year 2017 successfully. 97% candidates registered for the NEET(UG), 2017 with the help of Aadhaar number/Aadhaar Enrolment number/Aadhaar Registration Number. Remaining 3% candidates registered the application form with Bank Account number/Passport number/Ration card number and other Government valid Identity Cards. Accordingly, the same practice is being followed for NEET (UG), 2018.
- The use of Aadhaar for the candidates of NEET (UG)-2018 will result in accuracy of the candidates‟ details. This will also help in ascertaining identities of the candidates at the examination centres in a convenient and hassle free manner. Aadhaar obviates the need for producing multiple documents to prove one‟sidentity.
- The provisions of the Aadhaar Act and Regulations under the Act have come into effect from 14th September 2016 and notifications to this effect have been published in the Official Gazette. Section 57 of the Aadhaar Act 2016 permits the use of Aadhaar number for establishing the identity of an individual for any purpose pursuant to any law or any contract to this effect.
The Central Board of Secondary Education will prepare an All India Merit List of successful candidates of NEET (UG) – 2018 on the basis of the eligibility criteria provided by the Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India as given in Graduate Medical Education Regulations-1997 issued under Indian Medical Council Act-1956 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 issued under the Dentists Act, 1948. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET UG 2018) to MBBS/BDS Courses. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th In respect of the candidates with Bench Marked Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile for General category candidates and 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC candidates. The percentile shall be determined on the basis of highest marks secured in the All India common merit list in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
- Provided when sufficient number of candidates in the respective categories fail to secure minimum marks as prescribed in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) held for any academic year for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses, the Central Government in consultation with Medical Council of India and Dental Council of India may at its discretion lower the minimum marks required for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses for candidates belonging to respective categories and marks so lowered by the Central Government shall be applicable for the said academic year only.
- To be eligible for admission to the MBBS/BDS Courses, a candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology at the Qualifying Examination as mentioned in Graduate Medical Education Regulations-1997 as amended in 2018 and BDS Course Regulations, 2007 and in addition must have come in the merit list of National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET UG 2018) for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses. In respect of the candidates belonging to the SC, ST and OBC category, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology taken in qualifying examination and competitive examination (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) be 40% marks instead of 50%. In respect of the candidates with Bench Marked Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks in qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology taken together be 45% instead of 50% for General category candidates and 40% for SC/ST/OBC candidates. Provided that 2 years of regular and continuous study of Physics, chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology taken together shall be required at 10+2 level for all the candidates. Candidates who have passed 10+2 from open schools or as a private candidate shall not be eligible to appear for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET UG). Furthermore, study of biology/bio-technology as an additional subject at 10+2 level also shall not permissible. Provided that a candidate who has appeared in the qualifying examination, the result of which has not been declared, he may be provisionally permitted to take up the competitive entrance examination and in case of selection for admission to the MBBS/BDS courses, he/she shall not be admitted to that course until he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria as specified above. For details candidates may refer to Graduate Medical Education Regulations, 1997 and BDS Course Regulations,2007.
A list of the successful candidates in order of All India Rank based on the score obtained in the examination will be prepared by the CBSE. COUNSELLING AND ADMISSION:
COUNSELLING AND ADMISSION:
Candidates wishing to apply for admission in medical colleges of U.T. of Puducherry have to register in CENTAC (Centralized Admission Committee, Pondicherry Engineering College Campus) through online. CENTAC MD/MS Merit list, CENTAC Counselling date and Information Bulletin and other details can be accessed from CENTAC website www.centaconline.in
Appendix – I
LIST OF CITIES FOR CENTRES OF NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (NEET UG -2018)
|AND.& NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR||5001||MAHARASHTRA||AHMEDNAGAR||5075|
|ANDHRA PRADESH||VIZIANAGARAM||5010||MAHARASHTRA||MUMBAI SUBURBAN||5084|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||5021||NAGALAND||DIMAPUR||5095|
|DAMAN & DIU||DAMAN||5022||NAGALAND||KOHIMA||5096|