Our blood bank is responsible for the safe supply of blood for transfusion. In addition to screening blood donors for infectious disease such as HIV, Malaria, VDRL and Hepatitis B has introduced routine testing for the lethal Hepatsis C virus.
Blood Bank works round the clock to serve our patients to tackle any emergency. Apart from the routine blood donation, cross matching and coomb’s test, we also conduct blood grouping camps in other institutes & companies and maintain a voluntary blood donor database to help our patients. Recently we have upgraded our blood bank for component separation. RBC concentrate, Platelet concentrate, Fresh Frozen Plasma and Cryoprecipitate are issued to the patients, Depending on the indications.
Our Blood Bank is furnished with high tech Equipments and instruments with latest Generation Products and fully Serviced by a/c.
Separate Lab Rooms Are Provided For Various Test and Function
- Donor waiting area and Reception
- Medical Officer room
- Donor pre testing and Counselling area
- Donor bleeding room
- Grouping cross matching room
- T T I screening room
- Component Preparation area
- Components storage area
- Sterilization room includes autoclave
- Store room for Stationeries
- Nurses Station
Function’s & services
Blood Banking & immuno Haematology
Our Blood bank is fully Equipped & licensed for blood collection (phlebotomy) T T I serological Screenings with Elisa Component separation. Storage of Components and issues of blood Derivatives with appropriate needs.
we collect and store blood and its components from voluntary donors, we strictly avoid professional donors or paid donors who have tend to spread T T I diseases.
- Donor Registration.
- Medical examination includes weight B.P HB, Pulse Rate ,CVS, R S, Temperature detailed clinical history and medical examinations.
- Donor care with Emergency drugs &o2 when needed
- Government approved iec materials are displayed and provided for patients to motivate them and to make them as a permanent voluntary donor.
- Donors are provided with appreciation certificates and donor card which helps them for future donation.
- Blood Grouping & Typing
- Cross Matching & Compatibility Test
T.T.I Screening With Elisa
- HIV –I,II With Iv Gen Elisa (AG,AB)
- Hcv Microlisa
- HBsAg Hepalisa
Rapid Test-Immuno Chromatography Test
- Vdrl-Syphilis R.P.R Techniques
- Malarial parasites : PAN+ PF (malarial antigen)
- Micro Filariasis –Peripheral Smear
Anti Body Detection
- Indirect Coombs Test
- Direct Coombs Test
- Auto Agglutination Test
- Bombay O(OH)
- Irregular Ab Testing
- Incomplete Ag and DU Test
- Identifying Warm And Cold Ab
- Multi Chambered centrifuge – Flow And Angle Head
- Domestic Refrigerators
- Binocular Microscopes
- Blood Collection Monitor –Haemomixers
- Tube –Segment Sealers ,-Di Electric Sealer
- Laminar Flow
- Refregerated Centrifuge –Latest Generation
- Plasma Expressor –Automated
- Platelet Agitator With Incubator
- Blood Bank Refrigerator
- Deep Freezers
- Plasma Freezer
- Plasma Thawing Bath
- Hot Air Oven
- Elisa Reader And Washer
Instruments Are Duly Calibrated And Maintained With Amc
About donation & issues
We are performing autologous blood donation therapeutic Phlebotomy exchange Transfusion with high quality single cpda triple sagm and transfer bags.
We Issue Whole Blood Concentrated Red Cells Platelet Concentrate Fresh Frozen Plasma Cryoprecipitate Against The Request From Ortho Cardiac Paediatric O&G G. Medicine Pulmonary Medicine Major & Minor Surgery Nephrology-Dialysis And Emergency Trauma Cases.
Quality control’ s
Our Blood Bank Is Participating In Eqas Programs Of
- CMC Eqas Transfusion Module
- Naco –Srl Jipmer Eqas And Q.C Programme
- We Prove Our Excellency In Each Time Of Eqas Quadrant In Cmc Eqas And Naco –Pacs Qc Programs
Bio medical waste management system & sterilization
We Are Maintain Our Bio Waste Management System And Waste Disposal System With Proper Colour Coding System Bio Medical Wastes Are Issued For Incineration Twice A Day With Proper Records.
Every bio waste (hazardous blood or contaminated with blood). Was autoclaved and verified by supervisor m.o, health inspector before issuing to incineration.
Bmw management was carried out by Pondicherry solid waste management– tuthipet-approved by the government of India.
- We Are Sterilizing Our Lab Premises Equipments And Reusable Items in Each Sessions
- We Are Using Proper And Best Disinfectant And Antiseptics For sterilization
- All Reusable Items Are Autoclaved And Uv Treated Before Use
- To Establish Our Blood Bank With Apheresis Donation Facilities